Bala sharks

Bala sharks

scaryboardu 7.12.2023 22:01

I've had two Bala Sharks in a 55gal bowfront for 6 years they have gotten pretty big I was wondering if anyone on here had one for a long time and how long did it last and how big did it get. Also do you think they can outgrow my tank? I only have 2 small rainbow sharks which are same age in the tank.

Bala sharks

creep 7.12.2023 22:02

Bala sharks need 120++ gallons once fully grown (they get to 14 inches), live up to 10 years and need at least 5-6 friends with them. You’ll need to upgrade very soon or give them away to someone who already have some in a big tank at home.

Your rainbows can stay in your 55 gal with no issues, they only get to about 6 inches.

Bala sharks

scaryboardu 7.12.2023 22:02

wow thank you that's what I was worried about. They were looking at me like they were ready to relocate this morning lol. btw one of the rainbows is actually a red tailed black shark how much of a difference does that make? I used to have a beautiful 125 gal cichlid tank and don't have room for that in my house now that was at our old house. I am not sure what to do with this tank now but I want to enjoy it again. Are you knowledgeable on cichlids as well?

Bala sharks

creep 7.12.2023 22:02

Red-tailed Sharks also do very well in 55 gals and tend to be less aggressive if they have friends (about 3 minimum), good to go with the rainbows if they’re the same size. If they’re not too territorial you could potentially add Barbs to have an active school of fish with a Hypancistrus as another center-piece fish.

I do have a bit of knowledge on some cichlids, never owned them personally but I’ve worked with African and American species.

Bala sharks

enablE 7.12.2023 22:05

As far as I know, Bala sharks are very demanding of their habitat. Therefore, you will have to do your best to keep your Bala shark comfortable and safe. I recommend that you Read this information to begin to understand more about all the nuances of keeping Bala sharks. This article was very helpful to me a few months ago.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up