VMware disk needs repair: problems and solutions

Lysii Arasa 8.1.2024 11:05

Hi friends, I ran into a problem today where a VMware virtual machine disk reported that it needed repair. This came as a surprise to me and I am not quite sure how to deal with it. Maybe some of you have faced this situation before and can advise what steps to take to repair the disk?

Rika Mama 8.1.2024 12:37

Hi! When I had problems with a VMware virtual machine disk, I usually used the built-in tools to repair the file system. If vmware disk needs repair, you can try this method. For example, if you have a Windows guest system, try using the chkdsk command at the command prompt. For Linux, you can use fsck. It's also worth looking at possible errors in VMware logs to better understand the cause of the problem.

Sku Tufik 8.1.2024 12:55

In addition to using the built-in tools, I would recommend backing up your virtual machine before starting the repair procedure. This will keep your data safe and allow you to recover if the repair fails. Also, if you have VMware Tools installed on your guest system, make sure they are up to date as they can provide additional tools to work with the disk.

Re: VMware disk needs repair: problems and solutions

Fred Mike 8.1.2024 13:04

Don not worry Lysii. It is commendable that you are reaching out for advice. I have had experiences with VMware disk repairs and I would be glad to assist you in navigating through this. Feel free to ping me for some step by step guidance. For more visit: https://usahomepaintingservices.com/edp/exterior-painting-services-florham-park/ Professional Exterior Painting Services in Florham Park

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up