SERENA WILLIAMS RETURNS TO ACTION

SerenaW 23.6.2022 06:06

With Wimbledon a few days away, the action on the grass is heating up.

Doubles Take looks at the latest in team play, from last week's winners to catching up on grass-court tournaments in Eastbourne, Bad Homburg and Mallorca.

SHE'S BACK
All eyes are on the WTA stop in Eastbourne this week—and for good reason: Future Hall of Famer Serena Williams is making her return to competition after a year's absence. She's getting her preparation for Wimbledon in on the doubles court as she teams up with Ons Jabeur. The duo won its first match in a thriller as they eked out a 13-11 deciding super tiebreak over Marie Bouzkova and Sara Sorribes Tormo.

Jabeur and Williams continued the momentum against Shuko Aoyama and Hao-Ching Chan, who took out the fourth seeds Lucie Hradecka and Sania Mirza in the first round—an indicator of how tough this tournament is. Jabeur and Williams booked a place in the semifinals with a 6-2, 6-4 victory.

Barbora Krejcikova and Ena Shibara are the top seeds, followed by Gabriela Dabrowski and Giuliana Olmos, and both teams are through to the quarters. Provided the rust is at a minimum, Williams should be OK, though: After all, she's won more Wimbledon doubles titles than the rest of the field combined.

Danielle 23.6.2022 08:41

I completely stopped following tennis, but I know this name)) There was someone new who could move the old guys? If not, then the sport is in decline. I try to watch what has an influx of new athletes - https://1xbetbd.com My website gives me access to all sporting events .

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up