What is SEC Subpoena?

What is SEC Subpoena?

Jonas 6.6.2022 12:44

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is the federal agency responsible for enforcing securities laws, proposing new securities rules, and regulating the securities industry. The SEC has the power to investigate almost any company or individual for securities fraud.

The SEC is primarily interested in issues involving potential stock manipulation, false or misleading statements in offering documents, insider trading, and other areas where investors are being cheated out of money. The staff of the SEC has subpoena power which they can use to compel individuals and companies under investigation to produce requested documents and/or testify at hearings under oath about their involvement with certain companies or businesses. If you receive an SEC subpoena, your life could be turned upside down until the issue is resolved.

THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF SEC SUBPOENAS:

Subpoena ad testificandum: This subpoena compels the person to whom it is addressed to appear at a specific time and place and testify under oath or affirmation.

Subpoena duces tecum: This subpoena compels the person to whom it is addressed to produce documents in his possession or control, either at a designated location or before the person who signed the subpoena.

What is SEC Subpoena?

EvanBrown 6.6.2022 12:47

You know, lots of people are engaged in this question as well. By the way, I assume the law is one of the most important aspects. I once found this article <a href=https://www.natlawreview.com/article/preparing-to-testify-response-to-sec-subpoena>https://www.natlawreview.com/article/preparing-to-testify-response-to-sec-subpoena</a>; where there is information about how to prepare to testify response to SEC Subpoena. You may also try to learn more about it.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up