Why You Need to Stop Using These Dating App Phrases ASAP

Nedwill 15.1.2023 09:41

Trying to find a match? It took only three swipes on Bumble to find a profile bio including the sentence, "I'm an open book, just ask."

That might be the least surprising lede I've ever written for an article. If you've spent any time on The Apps, you've likely noticed there's a sameness of language that pervades many bios. There are phrases that pop up over and over again: "Just say hi." "Quotes way too much from The Office." "Fluent in sarcasm."
So after chatting up friends, co-workers and strangers on the internet, I'm here to offer you The Love Syncs Guide to Online Dating's Most Annoying Phrases.

I'm an open book, just ask
Though it's a positive to signal an openness to share about yourself with a potential match, this phrase is most often a lazy-sounding stand-in for writing a bio. Don't forget, the point of a bio is to help others figure out if they want to talk to you. Don't invite them to go on a fishing expedition in hopes you both happen to enjoy Norwegian Slow TV.

[Height] because apparently that matters
Will I go ahead and blame societal hang-ups about gender and height on the patriarchy? Of course. In the meantime, adding this to your bio is like taking a snitty little (unneeded) swipe at future matches who actually might not care how tall you are.

Rebecca 15.1.2023 17:19

Rules? In part, this is even good when it comes to communicating between two strangers .. But do not get hung up on doing everything right. Do you know what the best dates I've had? The best dirty hookups are the ones where I was myself - try here. If you are truly relaxed, then you get that interlocutor who is on the same wavelength with you. This is the most important principle for a perfect match on a dating site.

kilopp 15.1.2023 20:24

amogus amogus sus sussy baka

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up