Abbie Ward: Pregnant lock believes the RFU's maternity

GeneGH 17.2.2023 14:28

Red Roses' pregnant lock Abbie Ward believes the Rugby Football Union's (RFU) maternity, pregnant parent and adoption leave policy will "normalise motherhood".

England players contracted to the RFU are to benefit from a new maternity policy that includes 26 weeks of leave on full pay.

Also included in the 'maternity, pregnant parent and adoption leave policy' is the capacity for pregnant players to perform other roles within rugby until they begin maternity leave.

In addition, the program set up by the RFU in conjunction with the Rugby Players' Association will make provision for infants to travel with players to games and training camps.

Any pregnant player wishing to be involved in the team will have that right protected, while "ensuring that the safety of the player and the unborn child are considered first".

SamanthaReed 17.2.2023 19:43

What did you all expect? Sports, especially professional sports, are always high loads. Women have to make a choice between career and family. That is why women's sports are less popular even in the form of bets - https://melbet.com/ I am not at all surprised to hear such news from you. And yet .. what team are you rooting for now?

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up