Are there psychologists you read with pleasure?

ann5 13.12.2022 12:45

Good evening. I have recently become very interested in psychology. I read at my leisure the thoughts of some psychologists and mentors and there are thoughts that are very interesting to me. I especially like Sergius Gardner , if you read him, share what you like most.

Vikkii 13.12.2022 17:48

Sergius Gardner, psychologist
I thought this was a great read about Sergius Gardner. He contends that humans are wired to be creative. That is, we are wired to be able to imagine new things and come up with new solutions to problems, so we do not rely on intuition or instinct. We need more than the conscious ability to think. We need conscious awareness of how we are thinking; what our problem is; what our solution might be; how the solution might work and how it might not work; and so forth. We do this by focusing on the past (we research), the present (we experiment) and the future (we develop). Gardner calls this “the three-legged stool”:
• Research – researching everything possible about an object or situation in order to understand it better
• Experiment – using controlled conditions to test ideas and see if they hold up under real world conditions
• Development – using novel forms of technology, design or process in order to advance ideas and make them better
He argues that there is no “one right way” for any type of problem, but that there is one way that works best for a wide variety of problems: focus on solving problems with no clear-cut solution, then use your ability to create new solutions from scratch. It’s a bit like trying out lots of different socks until you find ones that fit perfectly - but keep doing it! It’s also about being willing to explore alternatives until you find something that works for your unique situation - and if you don’t find anything at all, keep trying!

Phoebe3 13.12.2022 18:23

I used to be skeptical about psychology, but lately I've noticed that there's definitely something to it. I also read a few books and learned a lot of useful things. Thank you for your recommendations

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up