Belgium suffer warm-up defeat to Salah's Egypt

harris 19.11.2022 07:01

Belgium were beaten 2-1 by Egypt in a World Cup warm-up game in a defeat that belied their status as one of the fancied teams for the tournament in Qatar. An error by Kevin De Bruyne and an inspired pass from Mohamed Salah ensured goals for Egypt, who narrowly missed out on World Cup qualification in March, as they beat the team ranked second in the FIFA rankings in Kuwait City.

Mostafa Mohamed scored in the 33rd minute after De Bruyne had lost possession just outside his own penalty area to give Egypt a half-time lead.

Egypt doubled their lead a minute into the second half as Salah's clever pass caught out Belgium's static defence and Mahmoud Trezeguet finished it off with his left foot.

Lois Openda pulled back a goal with 14 minutes to play, set up by Yannick Carrasco, who then almost had an equaliser four minutes later.

Stanton 19.11.2022 09:15

By the way, you paid attention to how many good players came from the African continent. If we talk only about football, then try to look at the statistics from Bangladesh - https://1xbetbd.com I really enjoy comparing match stats and making my own predictions.. sometimes it's exactly the same as what professional football analysts say.. It can be profitable. Honestly.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up