England face North Macedonia in Euro 2024 Qualifier

SienJoe 19.6.2023 10:25

Trent Alexander-Arnold attracted widespread acclaim for his sensational goal and eye-catching all-round performance in midfield in England's 4-0 win over Malta on Friday night.

The 24-year-old, a peripheral figure at international level for much of Gareth Southgate's tenure, now hopes the change of role will help him secure a starting place. "It's about trying to be a regular name on the teamsheet," he said. "It's somewhere I enjoy playing."

Southgate was certainly encouraged by what he saw. "I've got no questions in my head; he can do it," the England boss said after the game. "He showed exactly what we think he could be capable of."

The question now is whether he sees Alexander-Arnold as the future of his midfield or just another option in the position.

Stoner 19.6.2023 13:03

Sports news can be interpreted in two ways. It won't affect the general fans in any way, but I'm a gambling fan. I need accuracy and understanding of the pitfalls. I usually use facts from bookies - https://melbet.org/ So it's easier for me to focus on the correctness of the latest forecasts and make my bets.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up