Five Champions League places for Premier League?

Randy 17.4.2024 17:40

The quarter-finals of this year's European competitions are only at the midway point, but England's hopes of pipping Germany in the race for an extra Champions League spot look set to go down to the wire.

Heading into this week's matches, English clubs sat ahead of their German counterparts - but only on countback with the two countries locked on the same coefficient points.

In the reformatted edition of next season's competition, the two countries with the highest co-efficient will be given an extra group-stage place.

The Premier League had a 57.8 per cent chance of claiming the bonus Champions League spot, according to Opta, going into this European matchweek.

With Germany and England neck-and-neck in that race, each win, draw and qualification for the next rounds is huge. Each win is worth two coefficient points, a draw gets you one, and you get nothing for a defeat. There are also bonus points for getting to certain stages, so Borussia Dortmund overturning their Champions League first-leg deficit to beat Atletico Madrid on Tuesday gives Germany a further bonus point in their ranking.

Peter 17.4.2024 20:35

Thanks for sharing the latest news. Sports portals have become commonplace now. There are both advanced sports analysts and ordinary journalists. I wanted to separate sports and shows, so I started using only the bookmaker’s portal - https://1xbet.com/en/ This ensures that all the facts I learn will be truly important to me.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up