Lewis Hamilton: Mercedes driver 'incredibly hungry' in F1

jackson 13.6.2023 09:32

Lewis Hamilton says he is still "incredibly" hungry to succeed in Formula 1 and admits he is "enjoying" being the hunter for the short term.

Hamilton, who held talks with Toto Wolff regarding a new Mercedes contract following the Spanish Grand Prix, hasn't won a race for over 18 months after enduring his first winless F1 season in 2022.

He made his F1 debut in 2007 as team-mate to Fernando Alonso at McLaren and the pair are now the two most experienced drivers on the grid.

"Through the ups and downs I think it's been a pretty incredible journey. Back in 2006 I never thought I would be multiple world champion. I wasn't even sure if I would get to F1," reflected Hamilton.

"Every second and every decision I made on track, in my mind was the deciding factor of if I would get the opportunity and whether the door would be open for me, to get the hand up into the big league.

"That's all I was focused on every single day when I was running, every mile I was putting in - thinking about crossing the line and how I could convince [then McLaren CEO] Ron Dennis to give me a chance. I thought if I win the championship, they would have no choice but to give me an opportunity. It's pretty crazy.

KleoLinn 14.6.2023 08:59

I was interested in racing the F1 series when Schumacher was racing there. But all the charm of the sport was gone after his retirement from professional sports. Sometimes I look at car racing that is in Nigeria - https://mel-bet.ng Local bookmakers accept bets from all over the world using their online site. By the way, local autotracks are in no way inferior to those that were made in Europe.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up