Manchester prospects after analysis of significant match

MAN_UTD 17.12.2023 17:58

Ten Hag, then in charge of just his eighth game at Ajax, reportedly tried to sign Mount for the Dutch club on loan from Chelsea the following season. Fourteen goals and 10 assists in his first full campaign of senior football, largely from central midfield, had caught Ten Hag's attention.

Now, after a difficult fourth season for Mount at Chelsea and a chaotic first year under the club's new owners, Manchester United have signed the 24-year-old on a five-year deal for an initial £55m rising to £60m.

Why did Man Utd want Mount?
Earlier in the 2022/23 season, following the arrivals of Casemiro (£70m) and Christian Eriksen (free) last summer, the midfield looked to have become an area of strength at United, at least in terms of first-choice options.

Ten Hag's go-to trio of Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes lost just once last season when starting together which backs that up. However, when Fred, Scott McTominay and Donny van de Beek were called upon there was a marked drop-off in quality.

BrendonLee 17.12.2023 19:23

It seems to me that it is stupid to judge based on one match. Those who are professionally involved in sports analytics know that there are several good portals where you can find all the statistics from past seasons. It's open and free

SimonHill 17.12.2023 21:45

I'm a longtime football fan. I know a lot of what happens inside the clubs. But I never rely on just one source of information. It's best when you have a proven sports website to keep up to date with events. I'm using the Canadian version - https://melbet-ca.com/ This way I get full access to local sports events as well as statistics of local clubs. This does not mean that there are no standard international tournaments, on the contrary. It has everything plus a little more for those who support Canadian sports.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up