Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool | Premier League

oliver_rider 8.4.2024 10:44

Mohamed Salah scored a late equaliser from a penalty as Liverpool escaped Old Trafford with a point in a 2-2 draw with Manchester United on Sunday to end the weekend level on points with league leaders Arsenal.

Salah stroked home in the 84th minute for his sixth league goal at Old Trafford, the most of any visiting player in the league's history, overtaking Steven Gerrard's five.

With seven games remaining in the neck-and-neck title race, Liverpool and Arsenal have 71 points with Mikel Arteta's team leading on goal difference. Reigning champions Manchester City are third on 70 points, while United are sixth with 49.

"It feels like a loss, it is our fault again," Liverpool skipper Virgil van Dijk told the BBC. "We had so many chances and we should finish the game off."

Luis Díaz got Liverpool on the scoreboard in the 23rd minute when Dominik Szoboszlai swung in a corner that Darwin Núñez headed to the unmarked winger who hooked in a volley from close range.

Hloe 8.4.2024 20:52

Everything looks beautiful when you read about it on the pages of a European sports magazine. But the reality is that football players often look for tricks to win.

Nedion 9.4.2024 08:21

I can’t say about all football fans but.. It seems to me personally that football in Africa is much more honest and of higher quality. Pay attention to the statistics of scoring chances at the bookmaker's website - 1xbet.com.zm. There's less politics and a little less show atmosphere. However, anyone who understands football can feel the spirit of fair team play at the local championship. This is the perfect place to bet.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up