Manchester United sign England international from Chelsea for initial £55m on five-year deal

Manchester United sign England international from Chelsea for initial £55m on five-year deal

Roberto 6.7.2023 07:49

Erik ten Hag first bumped into Mason Mount when he was Ajax head coach. On loan at Vitesse Arnhem, the 18-year-old's free-kick led to his side's third goal as they beat Ajax 3-2 in March 2018.

Ten Hag, then in charge of just his eighth game at Ajax, reportedly tried to sign Mount for the Dutch club on loan from Chelsea the following season. Fourteen goals and 10 assists in his first full campaign of senior football, largely from central midfield, had caught Ten Hag's attention.

Now, after a difficult fourth season for Mount at Chelsea and a chaotic first year under the club's new owners, Manchester United have signed the 24-year-old on a five-year deal for an initial £55m rising to £60m.

Why did Man Utd want Mount?
Earlier in the 2022/23 season, following the arrivals of Casemiro (£70m) and Christian Eriksen (free) last summer, the midfield looked to have become an area of strength at United, at least in terms of first-choice options.

Ten Hag's go-to trio of Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes lost just once last season when starting together which backs that up. However, when Fred, Scott McTominay and Donny van de Beek were called upon there was a marked drop-off in quality.

Harris34 6.7.2023 10:34

Thanks for the news. I myself carefully read about everything related to soccer and American football. But I see that there are a lot of rumors in the offseason. I have a financial motive to learn all the facts so I use a bookmaker to find news (including) - https://melbet.com/ This hobby gives me a steady income when the high season starts. It's not just fun for me.

Sienna 18.8.2023 08:15

Hello! Are there any differences among those bookmakers that have a high rating? Maybe I need to choose the sport for betting more carefully?

BettySmith 18.8.2023 12:23

Greetings! For a long time I am not a beginner in everything regarding sports and sports bets. But I have no universal advice for beginners. There are many factors that can affect the choice of the site. I had to be closer to sports in India. My bookmaker had a special page for this - https://india-1xbet.com/ The last important point is the customer data security rating. This is checked most often by survey of gambling.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up