Rugby league news

Rugby league news

Sien 19.4.2023 12:43

Paul Wellens insists he is paying little attention to rumours around the future of St Helens' young star Lewis Dodd.

The half-back has been linked with a move to the NRL in 2025, with Australian journalist Phil Rothfield going as far as to report Dodd has told Saints CEO Mike Rush he wants to leave to head Down Under when his current contract expires.

The 21-year-old, who kicked the game-winning drop goal in St Helens' 13-12 World Club Challenge win over Penrith Panthers in February, is regarded as one of the brightest emerging talents in the Betfred Super League and head coach Wellens hopes he will be at Totally Wicked Stadium beyond the remaining two years of his current deal.

"I don't pay it too much attention," Wellens said. "Lewis Dodd is our player in 2023 and 2024, and my job as a coach is to do all I can to improve him and all of our players for as long as they are here.

"The speculation is what it is, you can never ask for that to go away, but what is important for us as a team and Lewis as a player is to continue to work hard, keep performing well, and everything else takes care of itself off the back of that.

"He's a fantastic player, someone we hold in the highest regard, and he's a player we'd love to be here not just next year but for many, many years to come."

Wellens has spoken to Dodd since the rumours emerged though, and his sole focus is helping ensure he continues to work towards reaching his undoubted potential as speculation continues to swirl.

Rugby league news

brian76 19.4.2023 17:05

This is great news. But according to these data, you can’t make an accurate prediction for the next game. I prefer to supplement any rumors with the help of this source - https://melbet.org/ Here are excellent opportunities to learn how to bet on real sports starting from the very basics.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up