Singapore forces cryptocurrency exchanges to put customer funds into a trust

Yuta100 17.9.2023 10:44

I heard that Singapore is forcing cryptocurrency exchanges to transfer customer funds into a trust. Is this true? How does this affect the safety of cryptocurrency investors?

Tata16 17.9.2023 11:36

Yes, it's true. Singapore has introduced new regulations requiring exchanges to store customer funds in secure trust accounts. You can read more about it here https://www.thestreet.com/cryptocurrency/singapore-forces-crypto-exchanges-to-move-cryptocurrencies-to-a-trust . This is to ensure the safety of investors, as cryptocurrency exchanges are sometimes subject to hacker attacks and fraud. I don't know if this is the right decision, but that's the way it is and there is no point in discussing it.

Kortobor 17.9.2023 12:33

This is a really good step to protect investors. Trusts provide an extra layer of security as they have to comply with strict financial standards and regulations. It also helps build confidence in the cryptocurrency markets in Singapore.

Peter 3.1.2024 17:02

While I don't trade personally, many traders emphasize the importance of risk management, emotional discipline, continuous learning, adapting to market conditions, and avoiding emotional decision-making. Market volatility can be both an opportunity and a challenge. Successful fbs broker review often have strategies in place to manage risk, capitalize on opportunities, adjust position sizes, set stop-loss orders, and maintain a long-term perspective amid short-term fluctuations. Maintaining a disciplined mindset, managing emotions, avoiding impulsive decisions, adhering to trading plans, setting realistic expectations, and focusing on long-term goals are essential aspects of trading psychology emphasized by experienced traders.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up