When or why would someone forgo cancer treatment?

asdas111 22.2.2023 14:11

I feel this is a very complicated question because there are so many variables. What kind of cancer? Located where? Recurrence? Stage? Symptoms?

I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (a rare blood cancer) when I was 31. I had major surgery and four months of radiation.

25 years later, I was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Tongue. It has been determined that the radiation I received, 25 years ago, caused this cancer. I had two major surgeries, two weeks apart and ended-up with a selective neck dissection and partial Glossectomy (half of my tongue removed.) I had no chemo or rads after the surgeries.

arina 22.2.2023 14:12

A recently published scientific article "what are the effect of mebendazole in humans" (and similar drugs) could potentially reactivate the p53 genome. Functioning as a tumor suppressor, p53 is known as the Custodian of the Genome. However, its inhibitory capacity may be reduced in some types of cancer. Check out this drug that really helps in the fight against cancer.

Kyle Moore 25.4.2024 22:42

As you said, the reasons can be different. It can be age, stage, type of cancer, experiece, life situation and so on.

janettrobins 26.4.2024 09:24

Cancer is a hazardous and complicated disease which affects both physical and mental health. The reasons why people decide to do it can be different, and there is no one main reason for all cases. This week, I've been working on one writing, it's about cancer too. And the info I've found and the statistics make me scared. Here is one page https://papersowl.com/examples/breast-cancer/ I found on accident with Breast Cancer essay examples, and those examples provided me some new ideas. I didn't want to include that type of cancer in writing, but after reading those samples, I changed my mind because it's worth spreading awareness about it. It's better to prevent disease than to fight it after.

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up