Why use solar energy for marine?

Max Velin 18.4.2022 16:08

Hello forum members. I heard that solar panels have even started to be put on boats and they use them to float for a long time. What are the benefits of this? Maybe someone has even tried it that way. Share your opinion.

Agata98 18.4.2022 17:42

As I read on https://a1solarstore.com/blog/all-aboard-how-to-choose-and-size-solar-equipment-for-your-boat.html then the benefits are many and I will tell you about them:
- Solar panels are silent, odorless energy generators.
- The panels are almost maintenance free and work even when you are away from the boat.
- Solar panels pay for themselves in an average of 7-8 years
Photomodules don't require much space, and you can place them on the mast, stern rail, or even on the sail of your boat. Sometimes you only need to install one powerful solar panel to keep your boat's battery fully charged.
- Using renewable energy helps fight global warming.

Marckusha 18.4.2022 20:07

If your boat doesn't already have a home battery or you want a new one, think about the size of the battery beforehand. This is where the amount of your daily power consumption when you are on the boat comes in handy. As a rule of thumb, the capacity of your home battery should be 3-4 times the amount of your daily power consumption.

Denis 20.1.2023 12:47

There are indeed many reasons for this, one of which is a very simple source of energy that is accumulated from sunlight. But besides the obvious advantages, there are also disadvantages. Because such solar panels increase the amount of work for the inspection of the vessel, as well as maintenance and repair. Companies that use something like this probably also use automation solutions like https://fluix.io/industry-marine for automate preventive maintenance

Insert Comment

HTML is ProhibitedPermitted formatting: [b] a [/b] - bolt text [i] a [/i] - italics [u] a [/u] - underline

Marked data in bolt are mandatory

Back to summary of Topics

Up